What is the Double Dog Dare-a-Thon?
This year, we are excited to introduce the Double Dog Dare-a-Thon (DDD): a middle school outreach event that takes place to provide students the opportunity to invest in their friends who don’t attend church! The DDD includes two parts which will be the cause of plenty of fantastic moments and memories: house parties (hosted by MSM families) and an awards show (in The Garage the following morning).
How it works:
Each student invites friends over on May 6 (to spend the night at his or her house—with parent permission, of course). At 8:00 p.m., the students visit the Double Dog Dare-a-Thon website (doubledogdareathon.hopebrunswick.org) and begin the first dare. They take a photo or video of themselves completing the dare and upload it (see instructions below). New dares will appear on the website periodically throughout the night (ending at 11:00 pm).
On Sunday, the Ignite leaders will announce the winners and award prizes during the 11:00 service in The Garage. Every student has a chance to win. Trust us…it will be worth it!
What do you need?
- Permission from a parent.
- Internet access
- Phone/Tablet/Camera (to take pictures and record video)
- A team of at least 3 people. (if more than 7 people are at one home, create multiple teams)
- A list of supplies for each host home (Coming SOON!–i.e. hot dogs, aluminium foil, etc.)
- Parents—to drive students and their friends to church on Sunday!